Pages

Categories

Friday, May 24, 2013

Recipe: Grands! Easy Taco Melts

Grands! Easy Taco Melts
 
 
My children are incredibly picky eaters. It's hard to get them to try anything new without a struggle. They are very much hamburger and spaghetti-o's kind of kids.

 

Tuesdays in our house are taco nights. Yes, I know we aren't original, but hey, Del Taco started a trend okay? Now, tacos are delicious, don't get me wrong, but having them all the time can get boring, so I like to try and change it up a little here and there.

 

Thanks to my hours of scouring www.pillsbury.com, I stumbled across this recipe. It looked simple (it is), and according to the reviews delicious (it was!). I'm all about quick and easy (it took hardly any time to put together), so I decided to give it a shot. My son (a FAR pickier eater than my youngest daughter), took one bite and exclaimed is a very surprised voice, "This IS good!". I swear I heard angels sing...



 Ingredients:
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits (I used home style)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup sour cream

Directions:
Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning, water, and 1/2 cup salsa, and heat until thickened.

Press each biscuits into a 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese onto the center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. Place onto greased cookie sheet and bake 9-14 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown. Serve with remaining cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

Add a salad on the side, and you've got dinner in about a half hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment