Pages

Categories

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Recipe: Chicken Doritos Casserole


I made this tonight, and Oh. My. Gosh. This is GOOD! There is just a little bit of a kick from the Ro-Tel tomatoes, and the Doritos still maintain a bit of a crunch. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and you can find the link to the original recipe here. Both of my kids really enjoyed it (I blew the rating scale up apparently, haha). I haven't gotten my husbands opinion yet, but I'm positive it will be, well... positive :)

I doubled the original recipe as it is only supposed to serve 4, and I like making sure I have leftovers for lunch the next day. So the amounts you see below are for the double batch I cooked.

Ingredients:

- 4 cups shredded chicken (I had cooked it in the crock pot the day before to save myself time)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese, separated (2 cups for the chicken mixture, 2 cups for the top)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (I used Wal-Mart brand because it's slightly cheaper than Campbell's, and I don't notice a taste difference)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (I used mild)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (I used McCormick, the taste you can trust!)
- 1 large bag of Doritos (grab the party size!)

Directions:

Turn on the oven to 350 degrees and let it get good and hot. In the mean time, add the chicken, 2 cups of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and taco seasoning together in a large bowl and mix well.

Grease a 9x13 pan (PAM is your friend!). Grab that bag of Dorito's and take out your mommy frustrations by crushing up those chips! Then place a layer on the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the chicken mixture, another layer of Doritos, the other half of the chicken mixture, and then top it off with the rest of the Doritos and the other 2 cups of cheese.

Now you'll need to cover the pan with foil. I suggest tenting it a bit, so you don't end up with a cheesy mess stuck to the top like I did. Pop it in the over and cook it for about a half hour, or until the casserole is nice and hot.

I ate it straight, but feel free to top it with sour cream, lettuce, or fresh tomato. My son smothered it in Del Taco hot sauce (yes, I save the packets, that stuff is freaking delicious).

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment